Naxiotiko white cheese in brine
The “Naxiotiko” white cheese in brine of E.A.S. Naxos is produced from mixed goat and sheep milk; it is snowy white, soft and slightly spicy and smells beautifully.
After the necessary procedures are complete (cooling, cleaning, filtering, milk standardization and pasteurization, cheese curdling, pH check, etc.), the cheese is brought into the brine and then it is packaged. After that, it remains in the refrigerators for 60 days to mature and then it is distributed to the market.
Things you should know:
- E.A.S. Naxos produces approximately 30-40 tons of «Naxiotiko» white cheese in brine per year
- «Naxiotiko» white cheese in brine is available in 400-grams, 1-kilo, 2-kilos, 4-kilos and 16-kilos packages
- «Naxiotiko» white cheese in brine can be used in the classic “choriatiki” salad or combined with cooked eggplants or as a pie ingredient or roast or to accompany stuffed tomatoes and dishes cooked in olive oil and in many other ways
- Fat in dry matter min. 50% by weight
- Moisture max 38% by weight
- Keep the product refrigerated in 2-5 degrees Celcius